Thursday, August 4, 2011

Regency Tea Party

Arrrh my love of Regency!! I used to live in Canberra but was unaware of the Jane Austen group down there until after i had moved away from the area "Bummer" So i decided that since i couldn't go down there for the events i would do something at my place.. So that is where the adventure began..I called my sister and told her that i wanted to have a Regency Tea party, costume required :)I enlisted her to do the invites and they turned out fabulous, everyone loved them. My mother in law who is an op shop addict like me also helped me find all my fab crockery and silverware and of coarse costume hunting (which i must say turned into a bit of an obsession lol)And lots of sewing and bonnet making. My sister rang and told me that she was going to make a regency corset so i decided that i would give one of those a go too. and i must say i am happy with how it turned out. I actually made two with a third cut out ready to go, i made one but made the bust too big but it was able to fit my mother in law so i gave that one to her, then i made one for myself with adjusted bust and then i started making a short stay corset which i ran out of time making for my party but will make at a later stage.. as i have decided to make it an annual event. I took the corset pattern from http://www.koshka-the-cat.com/1830_pattern.html and tweaked it a bit and got my lovely Mr Fitzpatrick to carve me a busk and it was done.

Regency corset Front


Regency Corset Back


My busk nicely carved


I also made a chemise and petticoat..




petticoat and hem

and my dress



And my Bonnet, i took the pattern off the "Elizabeth Bennett" bonnet on the BBC version of "Pride and Prejudice".


i also made out fits for all the kids here is a family shot




I made Fitzpatricks Breeches as well which he went on and on about but i think they looked fantastic and he was happy to wear them on the day so that was nice :)



i really like this one of my hubby
Morning tea spread:



i forgot to get photos of the morning tea table set up but i did get photos of the evening tables:





I really had a great time and am looking forward to doing it again and making more gowns and bonnets !!

my next project is a medieval party so I'll shall be costuming again soon

xx

2 comments:

  1. can't wait until next year, i have already started collecting hats for new bonnets ;)

    ReplyDelete